Hello, darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again,
黑夜你好,我的老友,我又来和你倾诉衷肠。
because a vision softly creeping left its seeds while I was sleeping,
幻觉悄然潜入,在梦中播下了种子,
and the vision that was plant in my brain still remains within the sound of silence.
深深映在我脑中的幻境依然隐现,在这寂静的声中。
In restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone.
不安的睡梦里,我独自游荡在小街上,
Neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and damp.
在路灯的光照下,寒冷和湿气让我竖起衣领,
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light,
不停闪烁的霓虹灯刺痛了眼睛,
that split the night, and touched the sound of silence.
穿破黑夜搅碎这寂静之声。
And in the naked light I saw ten thousand people, maybe more:
在那空旷的街灯下,我看到人群千千万,
people talking without speaking,
人们无声地交谈,
people hearing without listening,
人们心心相印,
people writing songs that voices never share.
人们谱写着无声的歌,
No one dare disturb the sound of silence.
没人愿打破这寂静之声。
"Fools" said I, "You do not know Silence like a cancer grows.
“傻瓜!”我说,“你知道,寂静象黑暗在蔓延。”,
Hear my words that I might teach you.
“听我的话,我能告诉你,
Take my arms that I might reach you"
拉住我的手,我能帮助你”,
But my words like silent raindrops feel.
但我的话象雨点默默落下,
And echoed In the wells of silence.
回荡在寂静的深井。